Saturday, September 8, 2012

Adventurin': homie style

Last Thursday night, I thought that after getting my school shizz together, passing my last project for the term, I originally thought that on Friday I'd be spending another morning with my babe and then going karaoke with a lot of cool people.

But then I woke up in the morning and felt sick-ish. Sick... ish. I wasn't sick, or sick sick. Just sick-ish. I was getting there. It was so weird tho. 'Cause I've been sleeping earlier for the past few days. Usually, I'd stay up past midnight because I can't sleep. My body was as weird as me. I woke up and felt like shizz, so shizzy that the thought of eating bfast was so disgusting to me. When has food ever been a turn off in my life? 

So yeah. Had to cancel going to Taft yesterday. Didn't want to be a killjoy to the coolest people in the planet. Decided to just get the school shizz together, which was the last project I'd have to pass for the term, and see what productive thing I could make out of my Friday.

And then I remembered, I was supposed to get new glasses for the next term. I've had my lola!glasses since December of last year, because I broke my hipster!glasses when I was doing a handstand. Yeah..

Was supposed to get new glasses, and I thought I could also use this as an opportunity to hang out with one of best friends. Last week, we made awesome plans that involved watching a movie and helping me pick out glasses, buuuut last minute she had to back out. I was ready to go alone when I figured all my beffies, best grrls, babe, BAMF, and EYTCHPIIII were busy, or doing school related thingies, or at Boracay, or KTV-ing with cool people or being somewhere doing other cool things.

And then I realized I had a homie.

So I text him this: 

CARL?? ARE YOU KTV-ING? Y/N? If ever you say N, will you be able to do the ff: 
1. go to trinoma
2. take pictures
3. help me pick glasses
4. tell me if I look like an idiot or a lola
REPLY ASAP 

And you know what he does? He freaking flips a coin to see if he should accompany or not. Sheesh.

Okay, it's not like I was forcing him to go with me or anything. But it was his duty as a homie to help a homie. And as Jake the Dog once said, " Homies help homies". Boom! 

So how did we become homies? 

Well, he was one of the finalist from the DJ Hunt and get this. During the first day we started asking for votes, he got like 600 likes in one day. I shizz you not. And then he adds me on facebook and this is the first thing he ever said to me: 



Okay, so maybe our awesome homie-ship started out with his fear of me getting moar likes than him, but we're cool. He treats me like the dude that's part girl that I am, and I treat him like how someone who's 10 days older than him should.

And isn't it just like, whoa that we have the same godmother? We're both born on July? Aaaand we applied for the same thing? Our similarities just shows that the universe is conspiring something, I can tell. 

So yeah, this was going to be a homie day spent with this douchebag. He literally was responsible for helping me pick out the right pair of glasses. The glasses for my future children! How will the father of my unborn babies love me if I look like a lola? It's a legit reason to get glasses okay (also my eyes are my only secret weapon, and I have proof that it is. It makes hearts stop and guys compose sonnets about my eyes. Okay, I kid. But it was in a letter, so that counts).

I wish I had photos of the other pairs I tried on. But I wasn't ninja enough to get past crazy salesladies who attach themselves to you as soon as you step foot inside a shop. First stop was at People Are People and there were these really cute, Harry Potter-looking glasses that I really wanted to get. But Diego says, "It makes you look like Hedwig." Gassshh, these were actually the pair of glasses I really wanted. But since his opinion mattered, we had to go to shop after shop. There were chunky yellow ones, but were too small for my face. Black thick rimmed square ones that looked off when I wore them. Until we finally went to a'postrophe, which is one of my fave shops ever, because BAMF made it possible. And there are just too much fun shizz that goes on in that shop when the two of us are together.


So where were we... a'postrophe.

It was actually a quick stop here compared to the other stores we checked out. I really hearted these chunky nerd glasses that covered my face. Actually, I freaked in when I couldn't find the glasses on display, luckily there was the brown version of the glasses I wanted hanging on a rack. I tried them on and Diego was all, "Okay naman". Sheesh, such a guy. Well, better than Hedwig. Asked if they still had ones in black, and they were like, "Meron pa po" and inside I was all, "YESSSSSSSS"




So I got my glasses, next was making them usable. I mean, I get how a lot of people use glasses as accessories nowadays. It's cool, you get to change frames every week if you've got a collection like some people I know. But the sad thing is if your glasses are like a part of your body already. I really can't function without glasses. I already lost my lola ones for almost a week, and I had to use even worse lola glasses. With the wrong grade. That made me look so ugleehh than I already am. 

So why The Optical Shop? Connections, that's why. If you're related to the person who knows someone and this someone has something to do with glasses? Le duh. Discounts! >:) Also Diego took my pictures here. ALSO, he is a certified a cam whore. Sheesh =))


 Not lola! glasses :D
Getting my eyes checked! Also can you spot Diablo? :>
 Cam. Whore.



Then we had to bum around for like an hour and something minutes, because I wouldn't be able to get my glasses until around 2:30 in the afternoon. I promised Diego that I'd feed him if he accompanied me, since I know he was running low on moolah and all. And come on, what are homies for, right? For the free food! >:)

 This is Diego's sad looking chicken fillet. 'Tis but a nugget =))




 I get a feelingMarcy shot :> I'mma vampire!
Gaaaashhh, I don't even remember what I was doing in this picture. All I know is when I was eating fries meant for two people, I was just making kwento of my dark scary past. This kwento involved me sharing about my Seven Evil Exes. Also he's got homie rights, so he even got to know what their initials were, with me having to draw them out on a tissue. Which he used so I couldn't even take a picture.

So I know I'm really comfy to be with, a reason why I seem to hang out with moar dudes than girls. Being literally one of the dudes is sort of a blessing in disguise. I mean, here's the thing I know I can be awkward with who I am, but with dudes? I never felt awkward interacting with them or having to step it up or look girly just to impress them (this is different when it comes to dudes I like and that I'd literally dress up just to confess to that person. Oh dear lord, what am I doing with my life), even if I came from an all girls school. Plus the fact that I have brothers. And it's cool that dudes find it okay to hang with me. Also due to the fact that there are perks of being a dude that's part girl- it's that you get how guys think. Or so I like to over-think and assume sometimes. But sometimes it's not always fun and whatevs, I mean I have feelings too. So if there are times when one of my H3O bros take me for granted, or treat all the other girls like actual girls but turn around and look at me and say, "Lalaki ka naman eh". Well, my fault for proclaiming to the world of my bisexuality. But yeah. Respect.

I get "lectured" by a dude who's supposedly 10 days younger than me. In a McDonald's booth. And it was cool that I get to listen to what goes on in a guy's head. That sometimes it's not always about girls, girls, cars, boobs, cars, workout that goes on in their heads. Guys are human too. Except for Diego, who apparently is part cyborg. 

To kill more time, after we were done with fries and emo kwento I dragged him to Timezone. I have a thing for instant pictures and I really heart the photobooth machine they have here. I have a lot of pictures with my BAMF and recently even got photobooth sticker pictures with my Asians. I think it's time I also had one with my homie






Right next to the photobooth was this:


I think if there was a way to carry this, and I'm talking about the whole arcade machine, and bring it home?  I would've done it. I'm dead serious! Avengers plushies for the win. Still wished they had an Iron Man plushie. But if they did I bet I'd be forcing my hand up the flap and trying to steal one instead of wasting money trying to win one =)) I am so weird.





Still not yet 2:30! Which meant we'd just go around Trinoma, get sort of lost because I had no sense of direction aaaand which meant we'd get moar food.





 Check it out it's Diego's look alike!


2:30 and we're back at The Optical Shop. I really couldn't contain how excited I was to get my glasses for realsies this time. The Before and After pictures really showed how lola my old glasses made me look, and how my new ones made me look like awesomesauce, win and the ninja I really am>:) Boom!


 Diego annoying me by tightening my boot's laces! Gaaahhh!! Not cool dude. 
(Also he's wearing the bracelet I gave him. I plan on giving him moar, 'cause he- like me, idolizes singers from bands. He plans on filling his arm with bracelets and as a homie I plan to help him and his collection)

BEFORE
 AFTER
 Look at how happy I am? I think I shed a tear

Spent the rest of the time going around Trinoma, again. We played arcade gamesss, we got lost, we'd go inside random shops, we looked at notebooks at Powerbooks (Diego made fun of my height by showing that I couldn't reach the top shelves), check out the toys at Toys R' Us (me freaking out over the Ben 10 toys and the bubble stuff in the store), and most of the time we were going around I would be all dance-y whenever I remembered that, "Oh hey! I have cool glasses and didn't look like a lola anymore! And maybe my future husband will notice how beautiful and heart stopping my eyes look!"
I know secretly my homie was thinking, "Why am I with this weirdo who does not look like a lola anymore?" and wanted to say out loud, "I don't know this person! Why she's hyper it may be because of her not- lola!glasses she's got on!". Yes, I can read people's minds >:) Ninja skillzzzz.

 Boom! Caught on camera! >:) Also he's wearing pink underneath Jake the Hoodie >:))
 Weh. Diego, weh. I know I'm short okaaaaay :I


I spy the permanent smolder of Diego >:))


 He knows what this means >:) Homie secret
 IT'S ARIEL! THEY JUST GAVE HER A RIBBON AND DYED HER HAIR BLONDE. THAT IS NOT "DAISY" >:(



 BUBBLESSSSSSSSSSSSSS 8D <----- Arielle's face when she saw the display. I kid you not.

I bought bubbles for Monday :> I heart these so much

I know Diego couldn't stay forever, so we got two last pictures together, and I brought him to the MRT station. Since I was a responsible homie, one that was 10 days older than him (will never stop rubbing that in his face) it was my duty to see that he won't get lost on his way to the the station. And that he won't get kidnapped. Since that would be just sad. 

I was really thankful that he went out of his way to accompany me. Homies help homies, and I know if  I ever end up riding a bus to Caloocan I know this douchebag will wait for me and save my life. And give me the finger because of my stupidity. So yeah. Thank you so much homie for putting up with me >:D< You made a sick-ish person feel a little better. And hyper. Also, I know he'll die of an anxiety attack if he doesn't see me, so in a way this was like a favor>:) (Somewhere, someone is thinking these very words, "FEELER ALERT". I know it's you Diego)



 Because I was missing someone who hearts pandas so much :( Didn't get to see her today.

When I got home I couldn't help but admire my glasses, really heart how they were not lola!glasses. For my future children's sake I will wear them everyday. And when my future husband looks me in the eyes, his heart will stop and my eyes will go BOOM! and yeah. Confetti everywhere and really cool rap music as our theme song plays in the background. Yes, my eyes are that amazing. Just say yes.


 What I wore today: hobo + emo + geek + not lola Arielle >:)

So the term officially ended today, and okay the next one starts four days from now. But I really liked how my first term of my second year went. I've never been so busy, I've never been more active and involved in something I really want, and I've never made so much plans and hung out almost everyday with people I just met. Really overwhelmed and thankful for the people who made this term memorable and worth it. Still hoping I can prove myself worthy of all that's been happening, also was really inspired to be a better student. Next term definitely, I will turn my geek on and even sit in the front of the classroom. I'm that dead sure of doing my bestest and wearing my game face on.

For now, I'll enjoy the days of over-sleeping and moar food. Just too blessed to be stressed at the moment.

- >:)

p.s.

Missing something so bad. Please don't hate me, it's real hard to explain the gravity of what I've just done. Oh, Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment