Monday, September 3, 2012

a date and a sleepover

So I've been spazzing about going out with one of my favorite people since July. But since life sometimes gets in the way of everything that is supposed to make me real happy? I actually had to wait for two months for this date.

After forever and ever, I finally got to have a date with my Ninang Vicky!


I heart heart heart her so much. Her presence always has this calming effect on me, I can just make kwento about how my life and she will never judge me for my craziness. And here's a really cool trivia about her: she's been best friends with my daddy since their frosh year. They're living proof that a dude and a girl can totally have a completely platonic relationship with each other, and their friendship is just beyond inspiring. I'm just really AHA! 'cause this kind of best friendship apparently does exist.

Anyway, we usually start our dates with a gab session at Starbucks Salcedo, then I accompany her during her grocery run at Salcedo Market, then have lunch at a real sweet resto, and end the day just chilling for desserts. I usually just do most of the talking at first, and then she'll give me advice and then make kwento. I mixed things up a little bit by bringing her a box of red velvet cupcakes that I baked for her. Even if we don't get to meet all the time, I keep her updated about what I've been up to via messages on facebook. I know she takes the time, despite her busy schedule to read my daily rants and girl feels. I really wanted her to taste my cupcakes and how much they've improved over a year since I gave her a sample of my cherry cupcakes. I think my face hurt so much when she told me they were real good, coming from her. I think I was blushing like a guurrrl from the compliment.





So yeah, there was a lot of talking from me and advice coming from her side of the conversation. She always says the best things, reassuring me that I'm a normal human being, that I'm going to be okay. I swear to Gerard, I think my chakra levels were off the charts yesterday. My ego got a real boost and I just kept saying, "Thank you! Oh my gosh!" the whole time. I was literally swimming in compliments and turning so red from it all. She really does make me super happy and feel real special and just by simply telling me the things I need to hear. She's my godmother, so as my not-parent, she lectures me without making me feel hurt like how I usually feel whenever I'm scolded by my parents.

 She loves taking pictures of flowers, and her shots are always so beautiful






 Her veggie buys.

 Roti prata she bought for me! My fave Indian food





 My ninang taught me something new about taking pictures. How your photos should always have a story behind the photo or should tell a story. That the light settings could wait, what matters is the story.


 You can't see, but I dressed up as Marceline. In an XXL red sweatshirt + leggings + boots

 Roti prata from Banana Leaf for lunch

 She made me choose whatever is that I needed for baking and she'd get it as a late b-day present





 YES, PLEASE ♥



 This was just so sinful, I think I might just marry it.





Whenever we did get to sit down, eat and then talk? I would always feel so overwhelmed with happiness after every conversation. Like I said, she just really makes me feel so darn special. The whole time she just kept telling me that she was proud of where I was at life- congratulating me about my cupcake business and getting in as a DJ. She always kept reminding me to just enjoy life as it is, that I shouldn't feel pressured about not knowing what I want to do in the future. And that everything was gonna be okay, and that I was an okay kid. She of course told me that I still good grades. Nice:))

So we spent the entire day together, and it's been a really long time since I've felt this calm and real happy about where I am right now in life. Maybe the good food and great company really helped. All I can think about was that I was off to a real good start for my September, and that the long wait of getting to see my ninang was definitely worth it.

~

After being dropped off at the nearest MRT station, I just couldn't wait to get home. I mean, I really enjoyed the day, but I won't say I wasn't tired as heck. Been staying up all night for the past weeks has started a toll on my body. I can tell that anytime soon I'll just crash and burn and get real sick. While waiting for my parents to fetch me an amazing thing happens. Karina calls me. And sharing the same line is Adielynn!

Okay, so Adielynn is one of my best friends from grade school who moved to the States after graduation. Here's something really funny about our friendship: we used to fight a lot back in grade school. It was usually over how I, Arielle Sindac the meanest person ever, thought that Uchiha Sasuke was the gayest thing that ever came to existence. And back in 2005, Adielynn had a huuuuge crush on him and even if she was my friend, I would remind her that Sasuke and Naruto were dating. We'd always fight, but at the end of the day would always find the time to make up and be friends again.

The three of us: me, Karina and Adielynn, have actually known each other since prep. We were six years old aaaand we were classmates. What were the odds that we'd get real close and be this really awesome best girl trio? So yeah, they called me and it was the perfect opportunity to pass the time waiting for my parents.

I bet if anyone passed by the waiting area that time because I was so darn loud when I was on the phone, they'd probably slowly back away. I was on a roll, I was actually back to me my old grade school self- back when I actually thought I was funny. I was just making them laugh, coming up with crazy plans about looking for a boyfriend for Karina. I even got this crazy idea that the three of us could start a blog together and just fill it with three very different adventures and perspectives of life. But the conversation had to end, they told me that thew were buying balut and rubbing it in my face for not being there to share almost fertilized duck eggs with them. For they were having a sleepover, and even if I was invited, I wasn't allowed to go.

And so when my parents finally fetched me, I told them about how my date with my ninang went. How I got real sweet bday gifts and that I was such a full and happy carrot. Of course I couldn't help but mention that Adielynn was at Karina's house. Having a sleepover. Without me. And having the time of their lives. Without me. So I wasn't trying hard or anything, I swear to Gerard I didn't even ask! But my mom goes, "Gusto mong humabol?", and I was like, "Yes, please". And then mom goes, "Okay, when you get home get your stuff and dad will bring you there.", by the time she said that my face looked like this :O. "Are you... serious?", I ask warily and she replies, "Do you think I'm not?"

My fingers freaking fly, I had to text my best girls the news. So yeah, I lack the element of surprise, where I could've chosen to just ring their doorbell and surprise my beffies. But I was to darn excited. This was my first legit sleepover. Finally! After 18 years and a month? Thank you mom and dad.

My parental units are cool, okay. It's just that sometimes, MOST of the time they're really strict and have conservative views- especially to me and my sister. That when my Karina and Adielynn found out, Karina told me that her parents were also shocked that I was allowed as well. Ah, sweet freedom at last. Shocking, but still sweet.

When we got home I just placed whatever I could grab and stuffed it in my back pack. I also had to bring my laptop with me, because I still had a lot of school shizz to finish. Was supposed to just spend the night doing it at home, how was I supposed to know that my mom would be the epitome of cool and evil surprise meets oh my gosh why are you so nice today? Also in my rush to get all my stuff together, my phone's screen got a crack. It's a yaya phone, but whatevs, man. Who puts her phone in the bottom bag, with a laptop + charger + a book + my clothes + food stuff + toiletries? Meeeeeeee.

You can only imagine all the hugging and laughing and girly squealing that came when I finally made it to Karina's house. Stupid traffic, getting in the way of me being with them. They were eating balut and had some leftover isaw for me. Super super happy day. A date with a favorite person in the world and ending the day with my best girls. September's off to a good start! Booyah, Jester's dead!

 After 2 years! Gaaahhh, finally together again!


 My best girls ♥


 Maya, Karina's bb sister, looking at me thinking, "You crazy person youuuu"
 Me, trying to finish some requirements :((


 We ordered a happy bundle 'cause Adielynn was craving for chicken. Made chicken songs while we were waiting for Mcdo delivery guy









We just talked and they danced while I tried to feed off what little internet connection they had; and we all ate and ate and ate, we made songs about chicken while we were waiting for the Mcdo delivery guy,  aaaand Iwas such a pro multi-tasker that night.

If I'm correct it was around 1 something when we decided to move from our awesome party space to the bedroom. Adielynn was feeling sleepy and we were in the middle of watching A Crazy Little Thing Called Love, that Thai movie starring Mario Maurer. So before we continued watching/laughing like crazy, we changed into our house clothes. And we took more pictures.

 Me in Mom's old engineer!shirt, it's one of my fave pambahay shirts 'cause it's all comfy that it's hole-y














While waiting I was looking for old pictures with the three of us and I actually found our old pictures from 2010. Lol, I look so weird with my bowl cut head. If you And that my fave pose back then was sticking my tongue out at weird angles. Oh, dear lord. Wish I could find our pictures from grade school, now that probably would just kill me if I had to look at my weird oh, so awkward grade school self. And I also want to show that ever since I was always the shortest in our trio. Never grew =))






So we got to finish the movie, and all we got from it was abs from laughing at Mario's accent when he goes, "Oh, you are so beautipul, I hab to keess you". We've been repeating that line over and ooooover again. It was just too darn funny. So yeah, laughing-induced abs aside, we were really sleepy at some point. And even if we were trying to stay awake one by one we all just conked out. Also, I just want to apologize to Karina, because my phone would alarm every hour.

We woke up at around 5:30 and watched Angus, Thongs and Perfect Snogging. And I wasn't able to eat moar mini pancakes for breakfast 'cause I was fetched early. But whatevs, best 12 hours ever.









We have so much to do and we have so little time. I think we have only until November to hang out before Adielynn goes back to the States

- >:)

No comments:

Post a Comment